Skip to main content

Batman and Bananas

Bananas- The fruit most of us love. We consume the good of it and dispose the peel. Something that we ignore to notice is the way the peel makes people fall down, if not disposed rightfully. After extracting the good, if you leave it on the streets to decompose, it’ll get back on the human race by making someone slip for someone else’s action. This sounds like the story of every grey character towards the black end we’ve known- the bad guys- or the villains that we’ve come across. So who are the good guys? Bananas??- Maybe. So let’s talk about Batman, the universe with a quite a lot of grey characters. Batman was trained by mercenaries who wanted him to destroy Gotham, become a ‘peel’ to Gotham slip it off its course of downfall and mark a growth of a new civilization. But he does become a symbol, a symbol of ‘right’ among all wrongs- he becomes the peel in the dustbin. When the peel is in the dustbin, instead on the street- it’s in the right place, doing the right thing. Not on the street like a villain trying to slip someone off into a world of pain. Batman is the peel in the dustbin; he’s the right one at the right place. Not the Joker on the streets. But this would never happen, if Batman wasn’t introduced to the Banana by her unknowingly, while she stood across the street from Souvenirs of Hollywood- after eating it by herself, almost about to drop it and he realized, “Oh, Snap!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Dream!!!....

I trip on the stairs, and I wake up…, it’s around 2 in the morning and I was dreaming. Mom’s calling my cell, the alarm is ringing…its 6, I go down, get on with the usual processes and trying to recall the dream. I remember bits and pieces of it, and I discuss it with myself, it was Kashmir right, I was attending some marriage and someone was there… forget that its 6:30...you are late… and I get ready, and I leave to college…still thinking. I’m in the bus, listening to the latest bollywood tracks… still discussing about the dream. I reach college, and make my walk towards class… and I go and sit in my usual place… in the middle row. Two classes go by, some parts interesting, and most of them boring. In the recess, we get to know that the next class is cancelled… and I had almost forgotten the dream… Until the group of girls in the first two benches to the left of me were listening eagerly to a story that one of them was telling… “I was in Kashmir walking in the streets with y

A Glass of Wine and Long Island Iced Tea

I kept staring at the chandelier, the way it reflected it’s light all across the hall. A few more chandeliers in the room doing what exactly the one above me was doing, but I didn’t bother about the rest. It was like how in a Bollywood number, we look at the actor or the actress rather than the background dancers who are doing the same steps. I had a glass of wine with me and was trying to get the smell of it and move the glass around, just to make others feel that , ‘I knew my wine’. But trust me I had no idea. The color of wine shined in the presence of the chandelier which was the reason I noticed it at the first place. Looking over at the crowd that was dining a top notch dinner, I was waiting for a special person and our table to be ready. Right then, a girl in a wine red cocktail dress, a high pony and black stilettos just walked past by me as I kept sipping my wine. She sat couple of seats ahead of me and moved the strands of her hair behind her ears, waiting for her table,

From Kashmir to Chickmagalore...

I was sitting in front of our house in Chickmagalore, and I was with my better half sitting on a wooden swing  and we were talking. “Are we running away from our day to day life??” she asks me sounding perplexed. “Why do you think so… this is life, we are living it the way we want to, Life isn’t just going to work, coming back home, watching TV and sleeping and continuing the above process… right, we need to take breaks and live it the way we want to” I replied. “Ok ok, you and your philosophies of life…Mein toh chup hi betungi”, she says. “C’mon, how can we discover new things about each other, if you keep quiet, my dear!!” I wink at her. “Ok, you are trying to say that we retire and settle here forever??” “No, we have chosen jobs where we can’t retire. I’m a writer, you are doctor. I’m just saying we need these breaks, so we can know new things about each other” “Ok, Mr.Rohan we have been married for the past 30 years and you still don’t know things about me… Tum kehn