Skip to main content

I Dream!!!....

I trip on the stairs, and I wake up…, it’s around 2 in the morning and I was dreaming.
Mom’s calling my cell, the alarm is ringing…its 6, I go down, get on with the usual processes and trying to recall the dream. I remember bits and pieces of it, and I discuss it with myself, it was Kashmir right, I was attending some marriage and someone was there… forget that its 6:30...you are late… and I get ready, and I leave to college…still thinking.
I’m in the bus, listening to the latest bollywood tracks… still discussing about the dream. I reach college, and make my walk towards class… and I go and sit in my usual place… in the middle row. Two classes go by, some parts interesting, and most of them boring. In the recess, we get to know that the next class is cancelled… and I had almost forgotten the dream… Until the group of girls in the first two benches to the left of me were listening eagerly to a story that one of them was telling…
“I was in Kashmir walking in the streets with you guys… to a marriage. In the bus, I saw a guy”… she said his name slowly… and the girls were giggling… I wanted him to come and speak to me…but he didn’t…and then I don’t remember. And I was like… how is it possible, we both were in the same place in our dreams… and I barely know this girl… and who was that guy… who’s that guy???... I need to talk to this girl…
As I return home… I’m thinking… I need to talk to this girl, how’s it possible???....in Inception there was dream sharing, but this is not like that… what is this??? I see some TV, complete some pending work… and get back on my laptop to watch some series… After dinner, I’m watching the premiere of HIMYM season 9… at the end I’m like…what happened in Los Angeles???... As I brush my teeth…this is the major discussion in my mind… did ted find the locket??? What’s happening in my dreams??? Who’s that guy in her dream??? I’m thinking too much now…I finished game of thrones and dude, Rains of Castamere took our breath away …must watch breaking bad!!...and then I go to my room…watch an episode of breaking bad…and then go to sleep…
I’m in Kashmir, travelling in a bus to attend someone’s marriage and I see a group of girls walking down the street… I get down from the bus, go and talk to the girl in the centre. I find out even she is going to attend Ms. Kamath’s marriage. I walk with the girls, as I don’t know the exact venue. We walked along and talked a lot… about our professions, college life etc., and then we reach a monastery… we moved along, I tripped on the stairs….
Its 4…and I go back to sleep. I was up, and this time I knew the dream, back and forth perfectly and was eager to know what happened in her dream, because he knew that the girl in his dream was the girl from the class… you are thinking too much bro!!..Maybe it’s just a coincidence or you might have a crush on her… and even she!!...Maybe, maybe not!!!
I’m in the class… waiting for the break!!! Two hours were like two hours in real time and I’m dreaming….and then during the break, she starts telling her friends, what happened in the dream!!!                                                                                      
The guy in the bus… I assumed it was me, but what she told was a bit different. I was in the bus, I didn’t get off the bus or go and talk to her … Even I didn’t wanna talk to her...But I did in the dream!!!...What she told next made it still confusing!!!... I wanted him to come and talk to us… and come with us to the monastery, but that didn’t happen!!!...... I was like, is this a dream??? What I expected to happen, happened in her dream and what she expected, happened in mine!!!... Is it just a coincidence or???
I was thinking and thinking, a bit more than I usually do…trying to figure out what was happening… What is going on??? Does this mean anything…or I’m thinking too much… and I decide to go to  beach.
It was around 6… I was walking slowly, thinking about the various things going on in my life… Midsems next week, this weekend must watch a movie, maybe Lunchbox… and what’s this dream all about???... Listening to bollywood songs, I reached beach.
It was so peaceful… and I was hoping to figure out the dream… I walked around; the sun was about to take a dip… it was legendary!!!... And then it suddenly strikes me… as the sun gets into my eyes… It’s not a coincidence…it’s the reality of my life… what I expect is happening in her dream and vice versa… that’s what happens in real life too…. Ok stop!!!...what do you mean???... See I wanted to be an astrophysicist, but instead I’m studying engineering, I’m living someone else’s dream… and someone else is living mine!!!.... Most of the times we are living someone else’s dream in our own way, and our dream is others… but what’s important that how we make the best of it….Ok but she doesn’t know about things happening in my dream???... Yes, I need to talk to her… and as I’m about to leave, I see the girl… sitting on the rock looking at the sunset… maybe it’s your lucky day, go talk to her…. She looks at me, and smiles, waves at me…. Even I wave at her, with a smile….stop thinking too much!!!... Just talk to her, you might have a friend as you walk back home…..ok ok shut up now!!!...as I walk towards the rock




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Kashmir to Chickmagalore...

I was sitting in front of our house in Chickmagalore, and I was with my better half sitting on a wooden swing  and we were talking. “Are we running away from our day to day life??” she asks me sounding perplexed. “Why do you think so… this is life, we are living it the way we want to, Life isn’t just going to work, coming back home, watching TV and sleeping and continuing the above process… right, we need to take breaks and live it the way we want to” I replied. “Ok ok, you and your philosophies of life…Mein toh chup hi betungi”, she says. “C’mon, how can we discover new things about each other, if you keep quiet, my dear!!” I wink at her. “Ok, you are trying to say that we retire and settle here forever??” “No, we have chosen jobs where we can’t retire. I’m a writer, you are doctor. I’m just saying we need these breaks, so we can know new things about each other” “Ok, Mr.Rohan we have been married for the past 30 years and you still don’t know things about me… Tum kehn

A Glass of Wine and Long Island Iced Tea

I kept staring at the chandelier, the way it reflected it’s light all across the hall. A few more chandeliers in the room doing what exactly the one above me was doing, but I didn’t bother about the rest. It was like how in a Bollywood number, we look at the actor or the actress rather than the background dancers who are doing the same steps. I had a glass of wine with me and was trying to get the smell of it and move the glass around, just to make others feel that , ‘I knew my wine’. But trust me I had no idea. The color of wine shined in the presence of the chandelier which was the reason I noticed it at the first place. Looking over at the crowd that was dining a top notch dinner, I was waiting for a special person and our table to be ready. Right then, a girl in a wine red cocktail dress, a high pony and black stilettos just walked past by me as I kept sipping my wine. She sat couple of seats ahead of me and moved the strands of her hair behind her ears, waiting for her table,